Here along the Gulf Coast Tropical Waterlilies are repotted annually, starting in April. If not repotted they become crowded in their pots and refuse to bloom. Remember to use clay-based topsoil, do not use commercial potting mixes.
Starting 2 months after repotting, fertilize with 2 Pondtabbs per 7qts. every two weeks until October.
- Use a 7 qt pot or larger without drainage holes. Fill 1/3 full with topsoil, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of Landon Fertilizer per 7qts of soil and mix thoroughly.
- Fill Pot to within 3-4” of top with topsoil. (do not use commercial potting mixes)
- Wash all soil off the lily roots.
- Place lily in center of pot and spread roots.
- Fill with topsoil to within 1-2” of top.
- Firmly punch down the soil to eliminate any air pockets.
- Top off with a 1/2” layer of sand and then a 1/2”-1” layer of pea gravel.
- Gently lower back into pond.